Merchants of any size who are looking for ways to grow should take note of the latest entrant to the e-commerce space. Facebook announced its latest feature, Facebook Shops, which would be compatible with both Shopify and BigCommerce. If you are currently using these e-commerce platforms, you have a huge advantage over your competitors. If you’re on another system, talk to Ventura Web Design about how you can move your store to BigCommerce or Shopify today.
Facebook Shops was rolled out on Facebook and Instagram, giving business owners the opportunity to capitalize on the online e-commerce trend and lack of in-person foot traffic due to the pandemic.
Shops allows business owners with existing e-commerce websites to export products from their eCommerce sites to their Facebook Shop. It’s also easy to upload products that don’t exist already on the web directly into Facebook Shops.
How To Setup Facebook Shop
Before continuing to create your shop setup, make sure you have a Facebook page dedicated to your business with admin capabilities.
The new feature was created so businesses can easily publish listings for products. It’s simple to set up your shop. Follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook page
- Click Settings in the top right corner
- Click on Templates and Tabs
- Click Add a Tab at the bottom of the page
- Click Add Tab next to the Shop option
- Go back to your page and click the Shop button from the left panel
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- From the pop-up window choose Message to Buy or Checkout Another Website to choose how customers will view/buy products
- Describe your store and what you sell in the description box and save the changes
How To Add Products
- Click Add Product
- Add photos/videos of the product
- Give the product a name
- Fill in the price
- Add a product description
- Click Save
Want to Outsource Your Facebook Shop Setup?
Whether you’re too busy or simply don’t have the technical ability or patience to set up your shop, we can take it off your hands. At Ventura Web Design and Marketing, we specialize in e-commerce. We can ensure not only your Facebook Shop page is optimized, but your e-commerce site is too. If you want to increase your revenue, contact us online or by phone. The number for the Tampa location is 813-556-7990, and the number for the Las Vegas location is 702-515-2057.
How To Set Up Payment
For shops in the U.S, customers can pay directly through the shop page. For those outside the U.S, you have to use an e-commerce platform like Shopify or Big Commerce to process payments.
How To Set Up Facebook Product Catalog Ads
Catalogs allow Shop owners to retarget those who have viewed shop ads. By choosing the Dynamic Ad option you can serve an ad to the potential customer that already viewed that product. You can also choose the generic ad option to drive traffic to your shop, but that won’t be as targeted.
- Access the Facebook Business Manager
- Click on the dropdown menu in the top left corner
- Click Catalogs under the Assets section
- Click on the Diagnostics tab
- Choose between a generic ad and a Dynamic Ad
- Create your ad according to your business demographics and preferences
Connect Your Facebook Shop To Your Ecommerce Website
- From your Shopify admin, click the + button beside the Sales channels heading.
- On the Add sales channel dialog, click Facebook Shop to learn more about the sales channel.
- Click Add channel.
- Connect the Facebook account you want your store to appear on:
- Go to Facebook Shop > Account
- Click Connect account
- Confirm that you’re using the correct Facebook account. If you’re not logged in, enter your Facebook login credentials.
- Follow the prompts on the Log in with Facebook dialog to allow Shopify to connect with your business’s Facebook page.
Facebook will take up to 48 hours to review your store. You will receive an email when your shop is approved.
- On your BigCommerce shop account click on Channel Manager and then Facebook
- Confirm you’re using compatible currency then click Get Started
- Fill in your business info on the following pages
- You’ll need your Facebook business page name, business manager account, business address, business email address, list of states you have offices in, shipping options offered, and return policy)
- Set up Facebook payments
- You’ll need your social security number or EIN (employee identification number) and your preferred bank account number
Once you have completed the steps above, your catalogs will begin to export to Facebook. This may take a while depending on the number of products you have
You can check the status of the export in the Export tab of the Facebook Channel Manager page.
Once the export is complete, Facebook will notify you within 48 hours to let you know if your products conform with their guidelines.
We’re Here To Help
Set up a free consultation to allow us to review your website and assess your needs. Contact us online or by phone. The number for the Tampa location is 813-556-7990, and the number for the Las Vegas location is 702-515-2057.