Many ecommerce stores use large banner or billboard graphics in their designs. Why are these graphics so important and why should you be changing them often? Here’s 5 reasons why you should regularly change out your website banner designs:
- Create a positive first impression and make sure visitors know exactly that they’re in the right place. Visitors make decisions about your site in less than a second, making your homepage banner and headline the key to positive first impressions. This is something that should be regularly changed and tested for positive results
- You can direct them to your most compelling offer. Being the centerpiece and focal point of the site, this is a great place to show off your latest and greatest product or your new discount and get people interested.
- Your imagery and headline content should address and solve a pain point a customer has. Since your customers are likely to have multiple pain points, and you have multiple products that solve those pains, you can rotate these out to provide maximum value to your customers.
- Changing out your graphics seasonally or on a revolving schedule keeps the site fresh. More importantly, by emphasizing holidays or expiring promotions, you create a sense of urgency, which increases conversion rates
- Show not just what a product looks like but how it works in real life. This demonstrates how your customer can fix, improve or delight in use of the product. These lifestyle shots should be tested and changed out depending on your current promotions.
Changing out your banners regularly allows you to keep your site fresh and improve it’s efficiency. However, it’s important that the banner designs you use are consistent with your brand identity and overall marketing goals. For example, many store owners run email and ad campaigns in conjunction with their homepage billboards.
Here at Ventura Web Design & Marketing, we help ecommerce store owners sell more by creating billboard graphics, email campaign and social media graphics that they use to promote products. Are you making the most of your banner designs? Contact us for a consultation on how to improve YOUR ecommerce site.