With mobile devices and social media dominating 70% of digital media time, platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are arguably the best place for you to find new customers and expose them to your unique products or services. No matter what kind of business you have, social media can, and should, be a key ingredient in your overall marketing and advertising strategy.
- 85% of all consumers regularly use social media and 58% follow brands on their favorite platforms. But, why do so many people follow brands online? The top reasons include: wanting regular coupons & promotions, they’re interested in buying products, there’s other incentive such as sweepstakes, giveaways or gift cards, the brands post entertaining content or they post useful content.
- According to a survey by MarketForce, 81% of their respondents indicated that posts from friends directly influence their purchase decisions. While that alone tells us that social media marketing is powerful, the same survey resulted in 78% indicating that company posts themselves directly influence purchasing decisions. That means that content you post on your social channels can have a huge impact on your sales.
- There is a huge opportunity to use your social media as a tool for customer service. Selling to your audience is important, but equally important is making sure you have a happy customer. Studies show that customers who receive great customer service via social media tend to exhibit greater loyalty, are willing to pay more, and are more likely to tell more people about their positive experience.
- Your competition is actively using social media. 91% of brands are using social media channels in one way or another to reach their audience. While it may seem like a saturated market with numbers like that, the key is in how you use the platforms. Posts on Facebook that include a custom image that supports the message are much more memorable. Ads that are more memorable will help you grow your brand, sell more products/services, and grow a larger and more engaged audience.
- While some in the SEO world say that social media signals have little or no effect on your organic search engine rankings, we believe the opposite. If for nothing more than showing that your brand is active and engaged, social media is a great tool. We believe that Google, and your customers, do pay attention to the social signals that are available and use those data points as a part of their overall ranking of your site. Google’s mission is to provide the best search experience, so it makes sense that the engineers in Mountain View would use all available information to improve their search results.
With 100% of the Internet Retailer Top 1000 Stores actively investing in social media, there is no better time than now to get started on your own strategy. Ventura Web Design & Marketing works as an extension of your team to identify areas where we can help you succeed.