Not to beat a dead horse with a stick but by now you should be well aware that social media is a vitally important selling tool that could be costing you money if you’re not using it properly. There are easy ways for you to get the absolutely most out of your social media accounts and we’re here to point out what those might be. We’re focusing on the top 3 platforms today as to not overwhelm you. Let’s get to it!
For now, Facebook is still the leading industry giant for marketing which means it’s definitely the one you should start with. Start with these simple steps to start getting the most out of your page:
- Post relevant content
- Pick a posting schedule and stick to it
- Identify your target market
- Make sure your tone is right
These suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our more in-depth post about improving your Facebook page here.
Instagram and Facebook go hand in hand since Facebook acquired Instagram. Advertising on one means your followers will expect it on the other. Here’s some tips about advertising on Instagram effectively:
- Did you know Instagram has made it even easier for your followers to purchase your products right from the app? You can now tag products in your post and display the price right then and there and users can go to the actual product link with one easy tap. Obviously we recommend setting this up. Find out more details here.
- #Hashtags. Hashtag as much as you can as often as you can. You can gain followers by using relevant hashtags that make your posts pop up when certain topics are searched.
- Repost any good quality customer photos of your product. This will instill loyalty in your page and brand.
New to the Instagram game? Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you with your page.
While less utilized for some businesses Twitter is not a platform you should be neglecting. Any tweet you send out will actually be seen in your follower’s feeds as opposed to Facebook where a majority of your posts may not be seen unless they’re paid for.
- Make sure your profile is 100% filled out. The more people can easily read about your brand, the better.
- Again, #hashtags. The more the better.
- Start following people. Don’t go crazy, but find some industry-relevant profile and hit that ‘Follow’ button
- Retweet relevant posts. Chances are you’ll get a follow out of it.
At this point you might be asking “Is all this effort really worth it? Why should I care?” Lucky for you we’ve already covered that! Read up on 5 social media interactions and why they might be hurting your business.