Order notifications and order messages are a great way to keep you, the merchant, updated about new orders and customer concerns. Order notifications are sent via email to you when an order is placed and has helpful info like order details and a link to your store to view the order. Like order notifications, order messages are also sent to your email and will have info like the customer’s name, order ID, message, and a link to view the message within your store.
Here’s an example of an order notification:
Here’s an example of an order message:
How to set up email notifications:
- Go to Advanced Settings
- Click on Order Notifications
- Check Email Message
- Click Save
When the page refreshes, click the Email Message tab to the right of General Settings. In the Email Address field, enter the email address(es) you would like to receive notifications. If entering multiple addresses, separate them with a comma, and Save your changes.
If you would like to receive a sample to the email(s) you provided use the Test Notification Method.
You can forward customer invoices to an email or emails. Here’s how:
- Go to Store Setup
- Click on Store Settings
- Click on the Miscellaneous tab
- Check the Forward Order Invoices setting
- Enter the email(s) you want the invoices to be forwarded to (separate them by commas)
- Save your changes
Text Via Email
Most major cellular providers give you the ability to send a text message via email using a unique email address. You can use this to receive notifications on your phone by entering your phone number’s email address in the email address field as described above.
For example, if your number is 555-123-6789, and AT&T is your cellular provider, then your email address would be email@example.com.
If your provider is not listed here, inquire with your cellular company if you can send text messages via email.
- Alltel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AT&T: email@example.com
- Boost Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cricket: email@example.com
- Metro PCS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nextel: email@example.com
- Ptel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qwest: email@example.com
- Sprint: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Suncom: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T-Mobile: email@example.com
- Tracfone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Cellular: email@example.com
- Verizon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virgin Mobile: email@example.com
Set up a free consultation and allow us to review your e-commerce website and assess your needs. Contact us online or by phone. The number for the Tampa location is 813-556-7990 and the number for the Las Vegas location is 702-515-2057.