Not to beat a dead horse with a stick but by now you should be well aware that social media is a vitally important selling tool that could be costing you money if you’re not using it properly. There are easy ways for you to get the absolutely most out of your social media accounts and we’re here to point out what those might be. We’re focusing on the top 3 platforms today as to not overwhelm you. Let’s get to it! Read more
Can you imagine logging into Facebook and having to sift through thousands of posts to find something you’re actually interested in? Luckily, Facebook uses a complex algorithm to automatically decide which posts are shown first so that you don’t have to do that. At the beginning of this year, 2018, Facebook announced that it was performing a major upgrade to the standard Facebook Algorithm. The goal? To bring friends and family together more often and create a more active community.
Ever feel like a black cat crossed your path and took up residence on your website? You’re not the only one! Luckily for you we’ve put together a list of reasons why your sales might be down and also solutions on how to remedy that. This supposedly “cursed” day doesn’t have to be all bad!
Believe it or not, your Facebook presence is one of the most important selling tools at your disposal. More and more consumers are shopping on social media and they’re more likely to purchase from a brand they know and trust.
When a product or a business is popular it’s a well-known fact that there are mentions of it all over the social media platforms. The better something is, the more people want to talk about it and make sure everyone else knows about it.
With mobile devices and social media dominating 70% of digital media time, platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are arguably the best place for you to find new customers and expose them to your unique products or services. No matter what kind of business you have, social media can, and should, be a key ingredient in your overall marketing and advertising strategy.
Setting up an effective plan for your marketing schedule may seem like a daunting task, but we’re here to show you how simple it can be! Below we’ve laid out a step-by-step guide on how to set up your marketing calendar for 2018.
Tools you’ll need:
• A blank spreadsheet (we recommend Google Sheets, but any editable simple spreadsheet program will do)
• 2018 Calendar
• Product analytics (we’ve found it to be most effective to promote your top-selling products/brand – this will drive your customers to actually open the email and visit your site)
Creating an email promotion doesn’t have to be a difficult task. If you already have your email marketing list in place and your marketing calendar planned out, you’re halfway there. Let’s look at what the next steps are to turning on the money faucet for your business.
For this example, let’s pretend you’re promoting a new line of Widgets from Brand X. It’s Valentine’s Day (a big holiday for Widget sales), and you want to offer 10% Brand X Widgets (for a limited time, while supplies last) with coupon code BRANDX10. That’s everything we need to begin.
The wait is finally over! Social media managers, rejoice – Instagram now allows you to switch accounts with a single tap instead of entering your credentials each time. This exciting new feature is available on Android and iOS and allows you to store up to 5 separate accounts.
So you’ve heard all of the buzz about the new Pokémon Go app, or you’ve seen all of the people staring at their phone screens and promptly running towards non-existing objects. However, not all of us were born in the 90’s and grew up with Pokémon to know just how big this phenomenon is. So we are here to fill you in on all the fun and offer you ways to capitalize on this movement and benefit your business without too much time and/or money.
What is Pokémon Go?
Pokémon Go is a mobile application that allows users to interact in virtual reality. The ultimate goal of the game is to catch Pokémon while using an interactive map to find the characters. Currently, these maps and locations are set by the creators of the app and cannot be changed. The game has three major features (1) hunting for Pokémon, (2) visiting Pokéstops and (3) gym battling.
How does the game work?
Hunting for Pokémon. Once users have downloaded the app, the main goal is to catch Pokémon. In order to catch them, you have to hunt for them by walking around. They can appear anywhere from on your couch, to on the bench at the park down the street.
Visiting Pokéstops. In order to catch Pokémon, you need to have Pokéballs. You toss these balls at the characters in order to catch and secure them. Pokéstops are places users can go and get more Pokéballs. These places are static and the locations are set by the creators.
Gym Battling. At level 5 of the game, you choose a team and begin battling at gyms. Gyms are locations in the game that are typically matched with real-world landmarks and larger locations. At these locations, users can battle their Pokémon against other users Pokémon.
How Can My Business Benefit From it?
It’s up to you to take the initiative to make this virtual reality game worthwhile for your business and be among the first to benefit from the latest trend. Here’s a three-step process your company can use to make the most out of Pokémon Go.
- Check for nearby Pokéstops or Gyms. As stated before, the location of Pokéstops, gyms and Pokémon are set by the creators on a static location map. You might be lucky enough to be at or near one of those locations. You’ll want to know this because you can use it in step three to bring the customers to you. Google Maps has some user-created Pokémon Go Maps for your reference (here is an example of the Las Vegas map), but the easiest way to know is to download the game yourself and look at your surrounding area .
- Bring the Pokémon to you. Although you can’t change the maps to manipulate the location of Pokémon, Pokéstops or gyms, you can drop what’s called a “Lure” to attract more Pokémon to your respective area. Lures are purchased in the in-game store and can cost as little as $1.19 per hour. Where there are Pokémon, there are Pokémon hunters which can drive a surplus of foot traffic to your store.
- Create a Pokémon promotion. Promotion implementation is going to be an integral part in this strategy. Use social media platforms to market the fact that you have a just dropped a lure, or you that you have a Pokéstop or Gym nearby. Using this tactic to get people in your location won’t be enough; once you have them, keep them with offers and promotions. For example, create a deal where everyone level 5 and up gets a discount on a product. You can also offer free giveaways to Pokémon hunters if they complete a small task such as post on their social media account about a Pokémon they found in your store or write a yelp review about your business.
Pokémon Go did the work by creating the app, now all you have to do is (1) check for gyms or Pokéstops near you, (2) fill your store with Pokémon and (3) offer a promotion or giveaway event. They did the hard stuff, so sit back, relax and reap the rewards. Who knew a simple game could have so much influence or not only its users, but on businesses alike?
1980 Festival Plaza Drive, Suite 300
Las Vegas NV, 89135
Monday - Friday:
9:00am to 4:30pm Pacific