As a small business owner with an e-commerce store, here’s what you need to know:
- Retail customers worldwide, aka everyone, will be getting bombarded with discounts via email and social
- Customers will be looking for discounts and deals as incentives to make a purchase
- The sales numbers rival some of the biggest shopping days of the Christmas season for Amazon
With customers primed for purchasing, small retailers should be thinking about how they’re going to participate.
Here is the summary of what you should be doing:
- Do not reference Amazon Prime Day. Amazon doesn’t need your help with promotion and marketing.
- Do offer one day only specials and specifically include the date in your marketing. One Day Only sales without a date sometimes seem like they could be extended. Adding the date adds urgency and legitimacy to the sale.
- Coordinate your email, front page and landing page billboards, and social media. Make sure the message is the same and looks good on all marketing channels.
Need help? Visit our VIP page and let us know that you want to get an immediate Amazon Prime Day strategy in place. We will put your request to the top of the list!